How to replace the Joomla home page with an article or custom home page.
Want a custom page or article as the home page in Joomla? It's easy to change the Joomla home page, here's how:
To make a custom article home page:
- Design/Create/Write the page you want to be the new Joomla home page
- Go to menu>Main menu and make a new menu item pointing to the custom home page you just made
- Publish your new home page
- Go to the front page manager in the Joomla administrator backend (control panel) and make sure your article/page is at the top of the list (you can move the page up using the green arrows or change the page order number to '1')
- Go to menu>Main menu and un-publish the ‘home’ menu.
Your custom page will now be the new Joomla home page.
Posted in Joomla